Accepting applications for Phase 37 and CARES ACT funding for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program
Additional information about the Emergency Food and Shelter Program is available at
1. Applicants must be a non-profit or an agency of local government per National program guidelines. Applicants will be required to demonstrate non-profit status via a current registration with the S.C. Secretary of State’s Office or a letter from S.C. Secretary of State stating your organization is exempt from annual charitable registration.
2. Agencies must practice nondiscrimination and must not refuse services to a client based on religion or required attendance in religious services. Special treatment for organization or church members is not allowed.
3. Funding is not provided for a start-up programs that have not previously provided these types of direct services.
4. Funding may not be requested to substantially increase services over current levels.
5. EFSP funding is for program expenses only; administrative costs are not allowable.
6. Agencies awarded funds must certify that they have read and will comply with EFS regulations.
7. EFSP is federal funding and is monitored.
8. Agencies must be willing to enroll in electronic funds transfer.
9. Must have a voluntary board, unless a local government agency.
Amounts available for competition:
For Phase 37
$8,693 for Fairfield County
$71,971 for Lexington County
$10,762 for Newberry County
$113,598 for Richland County
For CARES ACT
$12,394 for Fairfield County
$102,610 for Lexington County
$15,344 for Newberry County
$161,959 for Richland County
Applications should be emailed to Vicki Rouse at email@example.com no later than Monday, 5/18/20, 4 p.m. Late or incomplete applications will be not be accepted.