Midlands Reading Consortium: Help Students Succeed
The Midlands Reading Consortium (MRC) is a volunteer tutoring initiative targeting pre-kindergarten through third-grade students. In South Carolina, 39% of fourth graders aren't reading on grade level -- these children are four times more likely to drop out of high school. Spending 30 minutes a week reading to a child can make all the difference in the world.Sign Up for the Midlands Reading Consortium
Invest in your community.
- You can give to United Way of the Midlands today and get our students ready, reading and succeeding.
- You can build ladders out of poverty.
- You can fill in the gaps and provide quality health care to those in need.
- Only 13.6% of funds raised by out United Way are used for fundraising and administration.
Join us and our communities to become a part of the change. Please make a contribution and keep this movement going.
Champion the cause.
Whether you’re speaking out to improve education, income and health, reaching out to members of Congress, or wearing the LIVE UNITED shirt to show your support, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. So go ahead and advocate in a LIVE UNITED world. Do it in public. Be visible. Be loud.
Give your time.
Whether it is important to you to solve a community problem, advance a worthy cause or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise. Volunteering can help you:
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Make a difference in someone’s life
Need Help? Call 2-1-1
Dial United Way 2-1-1, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week for information on non-emergency human service needs.Learn more »