EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER PROGRAM PHASE 39 and ARPA APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR 2022.
CALHOUN COUNTY HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL PROGRAM PHASE 39 ($4,643) and American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) ($14,351).
Funds are awarded to non-profit agencies and units of local governments for services. Funds are to expand emergency food and shelter programs operating in Calhoun County. Organizations will be able to provide food, shelter and rent/mortgage/utility assistance to individuals.
A local board comprised of community representatives determines how funds are distributed. Agencies receiving funds must meet the criteria:
- Private non-profit agency with a voluntary board or unit of government
- Have an accounting system
- Practice non-discrimination
- Demonstrated ability to deliver services and complete reporting
- Demonstrate how they will expand services in a way needed by the community
Additional information about the Emergency Food and Shelter Program is available at
EFSP Phase 39 Application (Word)
EFSP Phase ARPA Application (Word)
Applications should be emailed to Brenda Santiago at email@example.com no later than 3/28/22, 4 p.m. Late or incomplete applications will be not be accepted.