EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER PROGRAM PHASE 40 IS OPEN FOR NEW APPLICATIONS
RICHLAND, LEXINGTON, FAIRFIELD & NEWBERRY COUNTIES HAVE BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL PROGRAM PHASE 40.
Funds are awarded to non-profit agencies and units of local governments for services. Funds are to expand emergency food and shelter programs operating in Fairfield, Lexington, Newberry and Richland counties. Organizations will be able to provide food, shelter and rent/mortgage/utility assistance to individuals.
A local board comprised of community representatives determines how funds are distributed. Agencies receiving funds must meet the criteria:
• Private non-profit agency with a voluntary board or unit of government
• Have an accounting system
• Practice non-discrimination
• Demonstrated ability to deliver services and complete reporting
• Demonstrate how they will expand services in a way needed by the community
Applications should be completed using this link no later than 4 p.m. on December 16, 2022.
If you have questions, contact Brenda Santiago at email@example.com. Late or incomplete applications will be not be accepted.