Emergency food and shelter grants available to nonprofits
Richland, Lexington, Fairfield, and Newberry counties have been awarded federal funds through the Department of Homeland Security.
Funds are awarded to non-profit agencies and units of local governments for services. Funds are to expand emergency food and shelter programs operating in Fairfield, Lexington, Newberry, and Richland counties. Organizations will be able to provide food, shelter and rent/mortgage/utility assistance to individuals.
A local board comprised of community representatives determines how funds are distributed. Agencies receiving funds must meet the criteria:
• Private non-profit agency with a voluntary board or unit of government
• Have an accounting system
• Practice non-discrimination
• Demonstrated ability to deliver services
• Demonstrate how they will expand services in a way needed by the community
If you have questions about EFSP, contact Jennifer Moore.